Tuesday, May 1, 2018

#CharactersTell Main Character Week - Interview with Tweety

And here we are again with a new month! It's May, it's International Workers' Day, and for such an occasion we have an interesting character to interview!

Lovely lady as well as gorgeous!

Today's guest is Tweety, from the Red Letter Series a Women's Fiction New Adult work with romantic undertones. She's an upbeat, fiery redhead that works at the Soulful, this very interesting club that seems to be located in Jersey! She's surrounded by colorful (and sharpie-happy, in some cases) friends and co-workers, in an environment that definitely feels alive and intriguing!



Here's a rare glimpse of the author!



The book is penned by Nicole, who on Twitter goes by the name Ladyofmind (and where you should absolutely follow her using this link!) You can find her on Instagram as well, as usual following this handy link, and do keep an eye on her blog on Tumblr too! It's right here on this link!





So! Are we all ready for May? I surely hope you are, because here we go, starting again with this new interview! Enjoy!

------

And here we are, back with another month! And of course this means getting back to our Main Characters, like our lovely guest of today! Can you please introduce yourself, your author and your book for us?

Hello there, Tweety here! I’m from the Red Letters series from the author behind the ladyofmind twitter account. Spoilers you know? But I can say that the first book is nearly ready, going by Red Letters, Sinful Sunrise. All about how I got my start in this lovely bar business!

Oh, that does tie pretty perfectly with the theme for this week! Today is the International Work and Workers day. So, how did you come across this job at the bar? What sort of bar it is? And what were you doing before being employed there?

“Is it really? I suppose that means drinks are on me for the night.” Loud cheering distracts her a moment. “I’m sorry? Oh, Soulful is my nightclub and bar now. Lots of music and parties, fun patrons, crazy staff. Funny enough, we all started at this place called Sinful, but well, it was time for a change.”

That’s a very evocative name. And with a name like that, I can imagine it having quite the colorful crowd. I know a couple of people who’d be attracted by it…What city is it based in?

A moment of giggling before Tweety dared to answer this. “You know those places that you either know about them or you don’t? That’s us. Many have guessed, many show up to different clubs thinking it’s us. Copycatting is good business. But the real party stays closer to Jersey if one must give a hint.”

That’s a pretty interesting hint! How is Jersey this time of the year? The weather is getting warmer, and we’re approaching the hot season. Do you enjoy it?

“Oh us girls love it! Soul finally built a pool area out back, so we can fit more people and stretch the crazy. Right now the weather’s fine, about to come up on some big things, like Martini man and his label party. Also planning a Double Trouble birthday bash. So it will be nice to get outside again, if only to close the sliding doors and ignore the streakers, and man thongs.”

Wouldn’t being outside near a pool expose people more to man thongs? And a Double Trouble Birthday Bash? I’ll need at least some explanation on that one. I think it’s the first time I heard that term.

“Yes deary, when the man thongs come out, Miss Tweety tends to go back inside. Depends of course on who’s in the thong, but I do have a bar to run, so someone has to be responsible.” A wicked little smile only grows at discussing this birthday bash. “You must be new to my club if you don’t know about Double or Triple Trouble girls. In that case, my apologies. It’s coming up on my birthday, and Bebe shares the same exact day, so we throw a big bash. I’m thinking we need to get that woman a mechanical bull so she stops riding Nira around. But I am worried what she might do for me in return. Bebe’s gotten into this habit of tagging men, and we all know about her whipped cream fascination...”

...Well, now I really want to get a lot more familiar with your bar. And you definitely seem like you’re having quite a bit of fun working there. Have you ever envisioned this as being the direction your life was going to take?

“It’s fun because I make it fun, we’ve made such a better atmosphere here, getting rid of all the bad vibes from that first place. Soulful is the place to let loose and be you, no matter your fascinating quirks. You will earn a nickname, but that’s all love. As for your other question? Never in a million years. Who knew walking into a bar would turn into a business, family, a home and a decent life that helped us all figure out who we are?”

Hey, nicknames are good. No issue being given a nickname here. And, while I absolutely appreciate how well you seem to go along with the others and your attitude...work still tends to be work. What are the most stressful things there? Or is there some of your duties you really don’t appreciate?

“We were smart, splitting the duties, Nira is in charge of the back end of the business, I run the front. I have a much higher tolerance, and tend not to show my stress as easily. It’s actually become a game of sorts, with pranks and all, to see who can make me crack. Why it’s an honor to get yelled at by me, I don’t know. But there are people here, staff included, who enjoy teasing me. Sometimes it’s strange, like the couple of geniuses who tried to turn the pool into a giant jello mold. Other times it hits closer than I like to admit.” Nods over to a jumping energetic woman. “Bebe tops everyone anyway. Streaks, double entendres, makes me blush as red as my hair, you name it, that girl does it. After all, it’s not really Trouble as a nickname if your not up to something.”

I can imagine in a place like this it might take sometime to you know, get a feel for the limits of someone new. And Bebe does sound like quite fun to be around...even if it might be too much sometimes. Do you go along this well with all your coworkers or is there someone you really can’t stand?

“I’ve built my business on my kind demeanor. Of course people have rubbed me the wrong way, I mean… there is all this drama from past places. But that has been handled, I think, and we have moved on since then. Either those people are out of my life, or the more aggressive sorts of patrons make friends with my bouncer friends. I really don’t know who’s scarier. Bebe, or Frost with the whole giant Scot don’t-make-fun-of-my-kilt approach. Maybe it’s Malta, the Cockney waitress, dancing tornado, third member of Triple Trouble, who frequently tries to drink the Scot under the table. It’s nice having odd friends, they can scare off more people than I could possibly charm, if they really tried.”

After all, surrounding yourself with the right people is almost an art, and for a business like a pub is a downright necessity. Anyway! I’m afraid the time for tonight is almost up! Do you want to say anything to our audience?

Giggles erupt, as Tweet grabs a napkin and a pen. “You don’t know the half of it! First, I should warn you that Bebe has her sights on you. Guessing you’ve made her work while monopolizing my time.” Writing quick notes about “#16” before Tweety smiles and waves. “Please don’t hesitate to visit Soulful, anytime… I would love to meet you all!”

Riiiight. Giggles and now I have a big ‘16’ drawn on my arm. She is a quick one with that sharpie, isn’t she? That’s… unusual. Then again, from what you told me I might not find it unpleasant. It’s been an absolute pleasure Tweety! Can’t wait to read more about you and Soulful in the Red Letter books! Thank you for your time!
...And do put a good word with Bebe. This interviews are for a good cause. Actually, what’s with the 16? Any idea what I might have to expect?

“Anytime deary, and I could try, but I don’t quite know why you’ve tickled her fancy. It’s only sharpie, and you’re lucky it’s your arm. Last one needed new pants… Good luck?”

------
Well, that was... interesting. I'm kinda worried, but with all we came to learn about the place, I do have to admit I'm excited as well. I think it's the streaking mention.
But! With that, our weekly interview is concluded! As always do remember that you can have YOUR characters interviewed on this blog! Just send me a Direct Message on Twitter (you can find the link on the right hand side bar!) and I'll get you sorted!
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go make sure the sharpie isn't permanent...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#CharactersTell Main Character Week - Interview with Elle Deschampes

Wow...well, September has been a bit of an eventful month in RL for me, but we're luckily back to our regular schedule - and not only th...