Thursday, February 8, 2018

#Characterstell Antagonists: Interview with Trem Descal


Ain't he a charmer?
Dear #CharactersTell crowd, here we are again with the first interview with a character from another author!
This week, since we're talking about antagonists, I invited Trem Descal, a very civilized and well spoken gentleman. Definitely more classy than our last week's guest...








Now I know where Trem got his charm.
He's the antagonist of the decalogy from the talented Nicole Dragonbeck (who you should totally follow on Twitter), and you can find her site here on Wordpress.




The series of books is "The Guardians of the Path", which is available on Amazon! There are already four out, with more to come! They're a great read, so go check them out!





------

Well, hello there! Can you introduce yourself to us? Who you are, where are you from, what book you’re from and who is writing it?


My name is Trem Descal, my homeland is Demona, and I am in the book series The Guardians of the Path by Nicole DragonBeck.

Demona is definitely a place we’re not familiar with. Can you tell us something about your world?


Demona is a world of the Path, which is to say, a land of magyc, much like any other. It is a beautiful land, and deserves much more than its current lot. It is peopled by a variety of races, some of which come from other lands, and this causes the problems it so often does –strife, discord, and misery. A tragedy really, as the problems could be so easily fixed.


It sounds like a very interesting place. And you seem to care very much about it. How would you fix these problems?


By eradicating the source of the problems – namely magyc and those who practice it. Not all agree with me, such as the Guardians and their friends, but they are blinded by their adherence to an old way of life,  a way that needs to make way for a better, cleaner way.


So this is what puts you in conflict with the Guardians? What are your thoughts about them? Do you hate them, do you respect them, or do you find them inconsequential to your plans?


Yes, this is the crux of my disagreement with the Guardians. Magyc is weak. Sorcery holds so much more potential. I have no feelings for the Guardians one way or the other. You might say I have some respect for Cedar Jal. He has a remarkable tenacity and dedication to his ideals, which, were we aligned in goal and purpose, would make him a great ally. As to their impact on my plans, they may well hold the most powerful piece of the game – the girl from the Other World called Ria or Aethsiths – but in the end, forces have been put in motion which they cannot overcome or resist forever. As I told Mister Jal, they will see the reason of this new way or they will perish. I am not suggesting it will be by my hand either.


You seem pretty confident in your resources. How did you come to this path? What event made you decide that you needed to take action instead of just looking passively at events unfolding?


In truth, it is not so much my resources as the natural course of things. To answer your question, I was a boy  when my father fell ill, an illness of cursed blood. Magyc was unable to save him, and this opened my eyes to limits and weakness of magyc. It did not take long for me to discover sorcery was a superior alternative, and then to discover sorcery and magyc are not compatible. One had to go, and the choice was easy.


It’s more than understandable as a motivation. Let’s talk about your personal life, shall we? With everything you’re working with, what are some things you enjoy? How do you relax on a day to day basis?


As the Justice of D’Ohera, most of my day is taken up with official business. I do not have much time for myself, especially of late with the return of the Guardians and the appearance of Ria. However, when time permits, I do enjoy reading, particularly the classics, and I find nothing more relaxing than sitting down with a book and a glass of wine, preferably out of  doors. Riding is also enjoyable, and it helps clear my mind.


Justice of D’Ohera? What are your duties as such?


Each city in Demona has a Justice, and I hold that position in D’Ohera. The Justice oversees the Prisons, and presides over all criminal trials with the Magister of Law and a body of seven citizens that make up a jury.


That is quite the important position. Hopefully, it didn’t harden you too much to eschew your thoughts about love...How’s your life in that regard? This month our world celebrates it on the 14th. Is there anything similar there?
Love is dear to most here, though not well understood, and one can find many celebrations of it among the peoples of Demona. The elves are perhaps the most enamored with the concept, and hold a feast on the nights of  the full moon in honor of love. In the  north, they hold a celebration on the first day of Spring, and in the warmer south, a similar celebration is held on the winter solstice. For me, I recognize love as the  unique type of magyc that it is, but like all magyc, it has inherent weaknesses, and so I take care to remove it from my life.


A solitary path… Do you see yourself approaching back to love once the shift is done? Do you feel the need for companionship?


The future is an ever-moving thing, and view of it is not granted to any in this realm. I cannot say what will happen after, however I do not foresee a change of heart. Companionship is only necessary when ones life is lacking, and
I believe that power can fill any hole better than love, for power does not fade with time, nor is it dependant on another for its existence.


Well, our time here is almost up. It’s been a pleasure to get to know you, Trem. Is there anything you’d like to say to our readers? Whatever you wish.


The only thing I would wish to impress upon you  is though different people may look at the world through different eyes, that does not change in fact that the world is a certain way. I hope, should you ever read the story of the Guardians of  the Path, that you will take care to read between the lines, and realize that not everything is as it seems, or as someone says it is. I thank you  for your hospitality, and should you ever find yourself in D’Ohera, please don’t hesitate to call upon me so that I may repay in kind.You can find me in the Justice – the name of the building where my work is done as well as the title I hold.




That’s a very inspiring message to convey. Thank you for your time, Trem, it’s been a pleasure having you with us as well! And we’ll make sure to check out Guardians of the Path to get to know more! I’ll make sure to visit if I ever pass by!
Have a nice day!


And to you.

------

So, an applause for Trem! He's been very nice and polite, and I really can't wait to see the other side of the story as well!
And remember, if you like these interviews and want to have your characters as guests on these screens, please send me a Direct Message on Twitter! You can find the button to do so on the right sidebar!
Next week, we'll have a side character, so be ready for our next guest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#CharactersTell Main Character Week - Interview with Elle Deschampes

Wow...well, September has been a bit of an eventful month in RL for me, but we're luckily back to our regular schedule - and not only th...