Sunday, April 1, 2018

#CharactersTell Main Characters Week - Interview with Sarin and Levi

Hello there people!
It's April, and with April come a number of good news! But first things first - we've got our first interview of the month! And no, it's not an April's Fools (I've never been good with pranks anyway...)

Such a lovely smile and eyes too!

Tonight we've got a double interview! Our guests for the night come from "Beasts & Burdens", a New Adults Romance Novel currently available on Wattpad (you can find it here!)
The author of Beasts & Burdens is Amina Leeds, a lovely person you can find on Twitter (and that
you should totally follow through this link!)







Tonight's guests are Sarin and Levi. They live a very interesting life, tied to two motorcycle gangs that do seem to have some history between each other... gangs and characters aside! (and they are quite nice and gorgeous!) But let's get them on the stage shall we?
Here we go!

-----

Hello there! And happy Easter, if you celebrate it! It’s an holiday *and* April’s fools at the same time, but we’ll try to stay serious. At least as much as we can.
Speaking of which, welcome to the interview, you two! Would you mind giving us a quick introduction of yourselves, your book and your author?

Here's Levi. My my~
Hi! I'm Sarin Heyman. I am one of the main characters in the novel Beasts & Burdens. It is a New Adult Romance that is centered in the outlaw motorcycle world. My author’s name is Amina Leeds and the book is offered through the Wattpad app for the time being. Oh! And I should point out that I am 20 and I live in the fictional town of Northridge, North Carolina. I'm also a Nightmare Assassin.

*laughs* She talks fast, sorry bout that. She gets excited… I'm Levi James, but my road name’s Phantom. I'm 22 years old and I am the Treasurer for the Devil's Henchmen MC in Northridge. Our two clubs are bitter rivals, but me and Sarin got a complicated past. I work as a mechanic when I'm not running guns and Sarin's a tattoo artist for her club.

Oh my! Both of you belonging to motorcycle clubs? That’s… not really a common point of view. I have to admit I’m quite curious about it. How did you two end up in your respective gangs? Was it a goal for you, or did it happen somewhere during your lives?

Levi: My pops, Rotten, is the Prez of my club and my older brother, Jacko, is the Veep, so I grew up in this life. It was never a choice to be anythin’ but a Devil. I'm not sure I'd even know a life outside my club. I prospected when I was 18 and set up a new charter in Florida that year, before I returned to Northridge as the Treasurer.

Even with such a sweet expression,
Sarin has some tricks up her sleeve!
Sarin: My story is a tad different. My grandfather, Gas Mask, started the Nightmare Assassins when he came to the states from a small Hawaiian island. When he died of cancer, my father, Beast, became the President. I am not a member of my club, like Levi is. I'm a woman, so I'm property. I can't hold a position of authority, but I can be claimed and wear the patch that way. It may sound harsh, but it's how it is in this world. I've lived this life all my life and it's all I know.



That’s definitely a much different life from the ones most people are used to… I’ve noticed a wide array of pictoresque names. How are they chosen? And Sarin, if you were to have one which one would you like?

Sarin: My grandfather named me after the nerve agent, sarin gas. He believed that an MC woman needed to be silent when needed, but always deadly. I wouldn't change my name to a road name, because being Sarin, for me, is much more. It's not only a piece of my heritage, but it's a reminder of my secret place in my club. I will always be the fierce protector that I need to be.

Levi: Road names are weird. You get one when you prospect. My father got his road name Rotten, because let's face it, he can be really vicious. My road name’s Phantom. It was kind of a joke at first, because when I was around 15, I crashed my fixer upper bike into a tree and got this really jagged scar on my jaw. Our enforcer, Reaper, said that all I needed was a white mask and I could be in an opera. So, Phantom it was.

As part of motorcycle gangs, you guys should have seen a lot of beautiful places along your roadtrips… Is there a favorite? And is there any place with significance for you both? I mean, with the good season rolling in, I can imagine a lot of sightseeing might happen!

Levi: I've been all over the country. The open road is the best. The wind in your face, the scent of the ocean and the tar on the road. I can't imagine bein’ stuck in a life without the freedom. Honestly, my favorite place is Northridge. We're right on the upper bay, so we get the ocean and the cliffs, along with some denser forest more inland. It can get hot here, but nothing super brutal cause you got the ocean air to cool ya off.

Sarin: I tattoo, so I've been different places on the convention circuit. Sturgis is fun when the big rally happens and you get all the bikers from all around the country rolling in. It can get really wild too. I want to go to Amsterdam. It's been my dream to go there and work in a shop for like a month, just spreading my art around. As for a place that's significant to both of us… Hmm… Probably Blair’s Bluff.

Levi: Yeah. The bluff… it's where we would sneak off to when we were young. You can see across the ocean from the cliff and our tree is there, with our names carved in it. Good times.

That’s...actually really sweet. I can’t wait to read and know if you’ll get to see that place again!
But! It’s Easter, so let’s talk surprises. A secret about the other each. We won’t tell anyone, promise!

Levi: A secret about Sarin. She's a huge open book, except where our relationship is concerned, so that's a hard one. I do know that she hides pebbles in her saddlebag on her bike. She doesn't think we know that she's a secret rock hoarder, but she puts them in her garden when no one's looking.  Have no clue why, just somethin’ she’s done since she was like six.

Sarin: I refuse to dignify that with an explanation, Levi. I like pretty things! Ok, since we are telling secrets… Want to explain about your secret obsession with Brittney Spears? He has like tons of hers songs in a secret workout file on his phone… Do you think you're toxic?

Levi: I refuse to allow you to insult Brittney like that. I may be all man, baby, but there is a time and a place for a good playlist…

My my, I love these sort of secrets. I might do dual interviews a bit more often for this sort of stuff… Anyway, I’m afraid we’re getting short on time! Anything you two want to say to our audience? Whatever you want!

Levi: I guess… Just thanks for includin’ us and hopefully you'll check out the book. Our author is really great at making a story that's got really good romantic moments, paired with lots of tension. She knows the outlaw culture, so it's pretty true to how things go. Hopefully, she writes us a happy ending

Sarin: Yeah! Our book is free to read and I think people will fall in love with the characters. So far, the response is good. I hope everyone enjoyed sitting down with us, even him… *points to Levi and giggles* Take care and Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you too! And it’s been a pleasure to have you both on this blog! I’m utterly intrigued, and I’ll definitely check you guys out! Have a nice day!

------

And this concludes our first interview for this month! I'll take this occasion to remind you that we'll have some VERY important news coming later tonight, so be sure to check Twitter!
And speaking of Twitter, you can get YOUR characters interviewed! Just send me a message on Twitter (for which you can find the link on the right side bar!) and we'll sort the date and the character to interview!
See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

#CharactersTell Main Character Week - Interview with Elle Deschampes

Wow...well, September has been a bit of an eventful month in RL for me, but we're luckily back to our regular schedule - and not only th...