Sunday, July 15, 2018

#CharactersTell is growing! News and the future!

Hello there people!
Yes yes, I know - no interview this week. But it's for a good reason, I swear!

It's been a long time now - about 8 months - since #CharactersTell was born. I started it trying to do something fun that could help writers with their characters in a quirky and interesting way...and damn, I couldn't have expected such an intense reception to it!

Since the beginning some people took to this hashtag very well, and I've been overwhelmed by its growth during these months.

It was in the first months of this year that this little hashtag got its first evolution - the weekly interviews that I've done to the various characters, trying to spotlight them. I've retweeted and liked every single post relevant to the hashtag (and lately I've been dealing with some hilarious spam as well). And as the hashtag grew, this...kinda overtook my personal Twitter account.
I should have seen it coming, really.

So, what now?

ENTER #CHARACTERSTELL OFFICIAL ACCOUNT!

Simple! I've created an official account for #CharactersTellhttps://twitter.com/characterstell
This will be the account where new cards for the day and the week will be posted, that will retweet all your #CharactersTell posts, and where all the announcements relative to this hashtag will appear!

WHAT CHANGES FOR YOU, THE PLAYER?

A definite quality of life improvement!
With all the posts under a definite account, you can share it much more easily, people will have a quick idea of what this hashtag is and how it works, and everything will be neatly organized under a specific name and place!
And, you'll have a dedicated email where you can send your suggestions or request an interview on this very blog - characterstell@gmail.com !
The rest - interviews, questions, promoting the blog interviews and so on - are still gonna proceed as usual, just under a different account!

WHAT CHANGES FOR ME, THE HOST?

As the host, right now I've got my feed divided and in a way 'stretched thin' with all the various things I'm trying to do - promoting the hashtag, doing personal posts, promoting my books and, soon enough, talking about the tabletop RPG I'm developing (which is coming along nicely! Test sessions are underway, and soon I'll be able to talk about it properly!)
Along with that, this will allow me to expand the hashtag even more - more interaction with the players, more collaborations, a better correlation with #CharactersHell and adding new and exciting things along with the usual daily questions - and a first change is gonna come soon, as you will see on the official #CharactersTell twitter with the poll that I'm gonna put up!
And this will make things a lot more orderly as well, allowing me to organize the tag and everything a lot better - something I sorely need to start doing if I want to preserve my neurons (or what little is left of them).

So, with this being said, let's move onwards to new and exciting times for us - and our characters!
To glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#CharactersTell Main Character Week - Interview with Elle Deschampes

Wow...well, September has been a bit of an eventful month in RL for me, but we're luckily back to our regular schedule - and not only th...